ACM is a full service small animal hospital.
At the Animal Clinic of Monett, our ambition is to keep your furry, feathered, and scaly family members as healthy as possible. We fully believe that prevention is the key to maintaining a healthy pet, but we understand that situations arise that require urgent attention and we are proud to provide 24 hour emergency care for your pets. Contact us at 417-235-4088 for all of your small animal and exotic pet health care needs. Here are a few of the services we provide.
Routine Wellness Care:
- Complete and thorough physical exams
- We carry a full line of vaccinations for dogs and cats
- Routine diagnostic tests available for the youngest of pets to those more seasoned veterans
- Nutritional counseling from helping maintain your pet’s healthy lifestyle to developing weight loss goals for the less active pet.
- We stock Hill’s Science Diet, including regular formulas, prescription diets, grain-free options, and healthy treats.
- Although it is uncomfortable to think about, we also offer services to keep your beloved pet comfortable and ease their suffering in their twilight years.
- Therapy laser treatments are available for a range of acute and chronic conditions. Ask your doctor for details.
- We offer limited grooming services such as nail trims, baths, and rough shaves.
- We have a large boarding kennel for an overnight stay or longer term boarding.
We strive to provide the best care possible to your pets on the day they are scheduled for a surgical procedure. All surgeries, no matter how minor, are performed using aseptic techniques in our modern surgical suite. Every anesthetic event is monitored by a member of our technical nursing staff so that our doctors can focus on the surgical task at hand. It is our goal that our patients be as pain free as possible, no matter what the procedure. We utilize multi-modal pain control methods including anti-inflammatory medications, stronger pain relievers, local anesthetics, and even a therapeutic laser to decrease post-operative pain and swelling and promote faster healing. Some of our more common surgical procedures are:
- Routine castration (neuter) and ovariohysterectomy (spay) procedures in dogs, cats, mini pigs, and even pygmy hedgehogs.
- Mass removals
- Abdominal exploratory surgeries
- Cystotomy to remove bladder stones
- Luxating patella correction
- Extracapsular repair of cranial cruciate ligament rupture
- Fracture repair by intermedullary pin placement, external fixation, or bone plating
- Caesarian sections as needed
Dentistry for your pet:
Dental disease is an extremely common and under treated problem for many pets. In fact, dental disease is the most common disease in pets, affecting 78% of dogs and 68% of cats by age three. Poor dental health can lead to heart and kidney disease and it can make controlling common diseases such as diabetes much more difficult. All the doctors at the Animal Clinic of Monett believe that proper oral health will lead to a healthier pet.
All dental patients receive oral antibiotics for five days, beginning 2 days before the procedure. Every dental procedure is performed under general anesthesia to facilitate thorough cleaning above and below the gum line. This also allows the doctor to thoroughly examine the inside of the mouth, which is not always possible when the patient is awake. Many oral abnormalities can be addressed at this time, and extractions will be done if needed. After a thorough rinse, the teeth are polished and sealed to help prevent further tartar buildup. One of our technicians then performs a therapeutic lase treatment of the mouth to decrease post-procedure swelling as well as reduce oral bacteria numbers. As with any anesthetic event, one of our technicians monitors the patient during the procedure.
Performing certain tests is integral to you and your veterinary team keeping your pet healthy. We offer an array of in-house and external laboratory diagnostic tests including:
- Routine and diagnostic bloodwork
- Thyroid levels
- Heartworm testing
- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus testing
- Radiography and ultrasonography
- Allergy testing
- Cytology and biopsy services
- Fecal analysis